Restorative Aspects of Dental Implants
Presented by …
DR. CHANDUR WADHWANI …
This presentation is a part of the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
and AAID MaxiCourse®, and is open to all dentists for this day.
The following is Dr Wadhwani’s published research that will be explored …
Many common issues will be discussed with an emphasis on restorative aspects of dental implants:
- Why there are problems with both cementation as well as screw retained prosthesis.
- Both can lead to implant loss and reducing the risks of failure will be shown.
- Implant health metrics- how does a clinician know the implant is well, ailing, or failing- the pitfalls of relying on radiography. Probing around dental implants- should it be done?
- Components and materials – what should you be using to optimize the implant restoration.
CHANDUR WADHWANI, BDS, MSD
Dr Chandur Wadhwani is a full-time clinician in private practice limited to Prosthodontics. He holds adjunct faculty positions as assistant professor in Prosthodontics at the University of Washington and Loma Linda University. He also has an associate professor position at Oregon Health Science University in periodontics.
He has written over 100 peer reviewed articles and contributed to seven textbooks on implants. He was awarded the prestigious Distinguished lecturer award from the American College of prosthodontics in 2018 and has awards from the Academy of osteointegration. His research focus within the field of dental implants covers: cementation, screw failure, radiography, probing and decontamination of components.
Saturday, April 13, 2024
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | 8 credit hours
IN-PERSON at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
How to Register
Click here to Registration
MailRutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates