Basics of Cone Beam CT for the Dental Practitioner
Lecture and Demonstration …
DR. STEVEN SINGER – Course Director …
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is the newest imaging modality available to the dental profession. As the scanners and examinations produced find their way into general and specialty practices, practitioners are eager to know how to use this exciting new modality to the benefit of their patients. This course is designed to introduce this new radiographic examination to the dental practice through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on viewing using the viewing software.
- CBCT concepts.
- 3–D Anatomy.
- Viewing the volume.
- Available CBCT units.
- Scanning your patients.
- Selection criteria and applications of CBCT.
- Interpretation and reporting.
- Radiation dose and comparison with other radiographic examinations.
- Viewing the images using viewing software.
At the conclusion, you will understand:
- Need for 3–D imaging in dentistry.
- Basics of CBCT image acquisition.
- Selection criteria for CBCT.
- Selection of FOV.
- Concept and use of viewer software.
- Use of panoramic reconstruction, MPR, Oblique, and other projections available with viewer software.
- Basics of 3–D radiographic anatomy.
- Basics of 3–D interpretation via viewing software.
- Radiobiological aspects of the cone-beam CT.
Department of Diagnostic Sciences
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
STEVEN R.SINGER, DDS
Professor and Chair
MEL MUPPARAPU, DMD, MDS, Diplomate ABOMR
MAXINE STRICKLAND, DMD, MPH
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | 6 credit hours
IN-PERSON at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
$185 Dentists • $145 Auxiliaries/Residents
Click Here to Register On-Line
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Click here for Printable Registration Form
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates