Advancements in Digital Dentistry: The Benefits of… (ACDE)
Implementing a Digital Workflow in Dental Practice
An ACDE Joint Provider Live Webinar Series …
Presented by …
DR. LUIZ A. PIMENTA …
Digital dentistry is transforming every aspect of dentistry. From practice management to diagnosis and treatment of diseases and other conditions intra and extra-orally. In restorative dentistry and prosthodontics, traditional methods have been modernized by digital technologies, resulting in reduced costs and improved clinical outcomes. By applying evidence-based methodologies and advanced imaging technologies dental professionals have improved the quality of the restorative works and optimized the clinical outcomes.
We will discuss how the use of 3D imaging, intraoral cameras, intraoral scanners, 3D printers and milling machines can be used in a dental practice with different digital workflows that will better fit to a specific practice mainly focusing on restorative dentistry and prosthodontics.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the sequence of complete digital workflow for restorative procedures in a dental practice.
- Describe the fundamentals and discuss the advantages, and disadvantages of digital technology.
- Describe the principles of preparation and design for all ceramic crowns when using digital technology.
LUIZ A. PIMENTA, DDS, MS, MBA, PhD
Dr. Luiz Pimenta is a professor in the Division of Prosthodontics at the College of Dental Medicine – Columbia University. He mentored 20 master’s students and 13 Ph.D. students in cariology, restorative dentistry graduate programs, prosthodontics and craniofacial sciences. He also serves as the Director of Bio and Dental Materials at CDM Columbia. Dr. Pimenta has presented many lectures and continuing education courses regionally, nationally and internationally, and he has published over 150 scientific articles, and he is the author or co-author of five textbook chapters.
Dr. Pimenta participates actively in clinical research with a focus on restorative dentistry, prosthodontics and craniofacial anomalies. He maintains a part-time intramural practice (Dental Faculty Practice) which is devoted to treating patients with craniofacial anomalies, high caries-risk patients, restorative and esthetic dentistry and also implant-supported prostheses using digital technology. Dr. Pimenta is also a member of several professional organizations, and he serves as manuscript reviewer and as member of editorial boards for several scientific journals.
- DDS, Dentistry, Belo Horizonte School of Dentistry – (Minas Gerais Federal University), 1987.
- MS, Master of Science, Bauru School of Dentistry – (Sao Paulo State University), 1991.
- PhD, Doctor in Science, School of Dentistry at Araraquara (Sao Paulo State University), 1994.
- MBA – Southeast Missouri State University, 2020.
Tuesday, December 12, 2023
8:00 to 9 p.m. ET | 1 credit hour
Live WEBINAR via Zoom
$49 All Dental Professionals
Click Here to Register On-Line
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates