The Team Approach to Medical Emergencies Management and Basic Life Support in the Dental Office – with CPR Certification [SBRC]
… LIMITED ENROLLMENT …
This course will demonstrate the optimal way to prevent and manage “Medical Emergencies” that occur in the dental office. Emphasis will be placed on development of an emergency response team consisting of the dentist (team leader) and his/her staff – each of which have an assigned, designated role, along with CPR certification.
This program will include:
- A review of medical history taking, physical evaluation, and the recognition and management of medical emergencies.
- The “HEART” concept will be utilized: History – Evaluation – Anticipation – Recognition – Treatment.
- Healthcare provider BLS will be presented with certification using on-line training through the American Heart Association and in-person Hands-on Skills Testing.
- The armamentarium, instrumentation, and drugs needed for a comprehensive dental office emergency kit will be discussed.
On completion of this course, the dental professional will be able to:
- Evaluate and risk-assess his/her dental patient.
- Equip and prepare the office to manage untoward events.
- Establish and maintain a well-designed office emergency kit.
- Recognize the most common office emergencies and initiate their management.
- Obtain Healthcare BLS certification.
This course fulfills a requirement for a State Board Required Course [SBRC]
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
PAMELA ALBERTO, DMD, BS
Course Director/ BLS Instructor
Clinical Associate Professor
VINCENT ZICCARDI, DDS, MD
Professor and Chair
SAL NAPOLI, DMD, MD
HANI BRAIDY, DMD
Wednesday, August 9, 2023
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | 7 participation credit hours
(Hands-on will be in the afternoon)
IN-PERSON at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
$425 All Registrants | Code: 24D0911
Click Here to Register On-Line
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Click here for Printable Registration Form
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates