Survey of Current Updates in Dental Ethics and the Law [SBRC]
Presented by …
KEVIN B. EARLE, MBA, MPH …
To keep New Jersey Dentists abreast of the latest developments on the regulatory front and in the ADA Code of Professional Conduct, this one-hour program will cover:
- Newly passed legislation permitting dentists to administer HPV and flu vaccinations, the status of rulemaking by the Board of Dentistry, and the emergency authorization for dentists to administer COVID vaccinations.
- A discussion about the White Paper on the Ethics of Vaccination issued by the ADA Council on Ethics, Bylaws and Judicial Affairs.
- HIPAA considerations on requesting COVID-19 vaccination status of patients and employees.
- New Board regulations on training and limitations on the use of injectable pharmacologics (like Botox™).
- New laws and Board regulations on telemedicine and telehealth.
- New Board regulations on anesthesia and sedation.
- New requirements for all dentists to have AEDs, positive pressure oxygen and CPR/ACLS training.
- To familiarize New Jersey Dentists with the regulatory process used by the Board of Dental Examiners and the implications associated with a failure to comply with Board regulations.
- Provide licensees with the latest updates in Board regulations including new equipment and recordkeeping requirements for every dental practice
- Provide dentists with the most recent information concerning the administration of injectable pharmacologic agents; vaccinations by dentists; the guidance on vaccinations issued by the ADA Council on Ethics, Bylaws and Judicial Affairs (CEBJA); and the federal regulatory environment surrounding patient and worker safety.
KEVIN B. EARLE, MBA, MPH
MR. KEVIN EARLE is the former executive director of the New Jersey Board of Dentistry, the Arizona Board of Dental Examiners, and the Arizona Dental Association, and a frequent lecturer on ethics, jurisprudence and risk management for dentists. Mr. Earle holds a BA in Public Affairs from George Washington University, an MBA from Rutgers University and an MPH from Columbia University. He is an honorary Fellow of the American College of Dentists, the International College of Dentists and the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Thursday, October 26, 2023
ONLINE through Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. | earn 1 credit hour upon completion of post-test
$49 for Dentists
Click Here to Register On-Line
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates