Dental Infection Control in the Shadow of COVID-19
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This webinar addresses safety recommendations for dentistry considering the COVID-19 pandemic. Standard Precautions and Transmission-based Precautions will be explained in the context of CDC & ADA Guidelines and OSHA & Dental Board regulations. Options and strategies are presented with extensive question and answer time to address your concerns.
Topics to be covered:
- Science of SARS-CoV-2: risks, symptoms, pathogenesis, transmission.
- Safety strategies:
- – Standard vs. Transmission-based precautions.
- – Hierarchy of safety efforts: most to least effective practices.
- – Quarantine, isolation, separation.
- – Screening patients.
- – Building & clinic aerosol control.
- – Hand hygiene.
- – Environmental asepsis.
- – Respiratory hygiene & cough etiquette.
- – PPE criteria, use and limitations.
- Reflection on improving dental safety preparedness.
Upon completion, you should be able to:
- Recognize and manage bloodborne, contact, droplet and airborne diseases.
- Identify best practices for providing dental care while considering COVID-19.
- Make sense of evolving recommendations as applied to changing infection risk.
Resources: CDC, ADA, OSAP, OSHA & Local State Boards
NANCI DEWHIRST, RDH
Ms. Nanci Dewhirst graduated from the University of Southern California, practiced dental hygiene for 20 years and is adjunct dental hygiene faculty at West Coast University. Ms. Dewhirst is consistently listed as one of the nation’s “Leaders in CE,” presents over 80 seminars a year, is featured at major U.S. and Canadian Dental Conferences, and is a member of the California Dental Association Speakers Bureau. She has had many articles published in dental peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to dental textbooks.
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. | 3 credit hours
$115 for Dentists | $75 for Dental Hygienist & Dental Assistants
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with your on-line account.
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates