Bench Testing Preparatory Course in Restorative Dentistry for International Dentists
July 24 - July 28
Want to be better prepared for the Fixed, Removable, and Operative portions of the psychomotor testing that is required by most United States and Canadian dental schools as part of their admissions process?
This 40-hour course presents an extensive review of the Fixed, Removable and Operative psychomotor skills required for International Applicants as part of the admissions process at U.S. and Canadian dental schools. The course will include didactic and laboratory hands-on sessions with participants working with the Department of Restorative Dentistry faculty on preclinical exercises. Enrollment will be limited to twelve foreign dental school graduates.
This course is not a prerequisite for and does not guarantee admission into any dental school program.
- Operative Dentistry (manikin exercises.)
- Amalgam and composite preparations and restorations consistent with state dental licensing examinations and the CDCA Examination.
- Fixed Prosthodontics (manikin exercises.)
- Perform a preparation and fabricate a temporary restoration on a posterior tooth for a porcelain fused to metal full crown.
- Perform a preparation and fabricate a temporary restoration on an anterior tooth for a full ceramic crown.
- Perform preparations and fabricate a temporary restoration for a 3 unit bridge.
- Removable Prosthodontics.
- Analyze and survey diagnostic models.
- Design removable partial denture prostheses appropriate for various edentulous configurations.
Tuition includes all supplies and a reference CD.
Participants are to bring a laptop computer with them each day.
Department of Restorative Dentistry
HENRY MARDER, DDS, BS, Assistant Professor – Co-Director
EILEEN HOSKIN, DMD, BA, Assistant Professor – Co-Director
JOSEPH BATTAGLIA, DMD, MS, BS, Clinical Associate Professor
ABHINAV WADKAR, BDS, MDS, Assistant Professor
Monday to Friday, July 24 to 28, 2023
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
$6,295 for All Registrants
Reserve a space now with a deposit of $3,000.00
Balance of Tuition will be due by Monday, July 1, 2023
Cancellation Policy: Refunds, less a $500 cancellation fee, will be granted if cancellation notice is received in writing no later than 10 business days prior to the start date of the program. No refund of any fees will be made after this date.
- Northeast Regional Board (NERB) Review
- Customized Remediation (Call for information: 973-972-6561)
4 Ways to Register
Click here for Online Registration
Click here for Printable Registration Form
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Continuing Dental Education
110 Bergen Street, B701 • Newark, NJ 07103
973-972-6561 • 866-720-1971
973-972-6561 • Call for Bad Weather Updates